Timmiej93
  • Mitglied seit 1. Mai 2022
  • Letzte Aktivität:

Beiträge von Timmiej93

I'm not telling or showing you what to do, I provided an example. Big difference. I actually literally said "I absolutely don't want to tell you how to create your mod".

It's also pretty clear you didn't take the effort to really read my comment, I literally said "I don't have experience modding EM5". I also didn't suggest a change to the fire system, but to the extinguishing system, which again, is very likely to be pretty easy. I may not have experience modding EM5, but I do have a lot of experience writing code and modding other games. It's not like I'm guessing here, I'm basing my assumptions on thousands of hours of experience.

If you know sooo much about modding in EM5, then you are free to develop a system to control the fire system.

If your focus is elsewhere: fine, but this is uncalled for modder arrogance. I get that you get a lot of abuse and shit questions while providing something pretty amazing for free. Trust me, I've been there. I'm however not demanding anything, I'm proposing something. Maybe I came in a bit harsh with basically a rant about the fire expansion, that was partially caused by frustration, but I've only tried to clarify what I mean, why I think it's a great addition to the mod, and even a suggestion on how I would implement it. As far as feedback goes, I don't think it gets much better, except for the rant I started off with.

It's clear that this topic is going on a list of "never to look at again", so I can only highly advice you to take all feedback to heart, even if it comes in the form of a rant or complaint.

I'm well aware that you're modders, I have a lot of experience modding myself (for personal use mainly). I understand you are sometimes limited by game mechanics, but I don't know what is and what isn't modable, since I haven't looked into modding EM5.

If I understand correctly, the difficulty setting in the menu changes how much power the fires have, which affects both how much they spread, and how much they take to extinguish. I vaguely remember something like that from modding EM4, including the resistance all objects have. I suspect these resistances can't be changed by code, only from the mod editor.

I assume every extinguishing method has it's own "power" rating, i.e. a handheld powder extinguisher has an extinguishing power of 1, and a monitor on a DLK has an extinguishing power of 100 (random numbers). If that number can be changed in code, it should be easy to add a modifier which can be set globally, just like you have the setting in the menu that changes how much energy the fires have. For example, you could have settings Easy, Normal and Hard, with modifier values 2, 1 and 0,5. In (very basic) code, that'd result in extinguishingPower = originalExtinguishingPower * modifier, which is probably virtually identical to how the difficulty setting for fires has been implemented.

I absolutely don't want to tell you how to create your mod, especially since I don't have experience modding EM5. I do hope my input can spark something you guys hadn't though of.

Like you said: You try to make the mod so that the game can be altered to match experience levels. I think this would be a great addition to make the mod even more customizable.

In the mod, a fire in a multi-residence building will expand into 4 or 5 adjacent buildings before the first vehicles have even arrived, that's just insane. Are buildings in Linzig and Lüdenscheid made from wood drenched in gasoline or something?

I know about the setting for fire expansion rate, but IIRC, this is also linked to how much effort it takes for a fire to be extinguished. I would LOVE to see those two things separated. I want fire to spread way less quickly, but I also want them to be way harder to extinguish. It'd be really nice if that would be something that could be taken into consideration for a future update. Also: Maybe use a slider for the fire expansion and how much effort it takes to extinguish a fire? It may be nice to have more than 4 different settings.

I bought a tablet, among others to run the control center on while playing Emergency Lüdenscheid in singleplayer, because alt-tabbing out of EM5 sucks.

However, the control center is virtually unusable with Chrome-based browsers (tested Chrome and Vivaldi). When you tap on a text input field, the webpage zooms in extremely far. On Firefox this doesn't happen.

It would be really nice if you could look into what's causing this.