Is there a quick way to alert the closest/fastest engine no matter what kind it is?

• Sometimes rather than use the call based alerts, I use the quick buttons on the side if all I need is an engine or ambulance. I usually use the LF button because in most cases it sends me either an HLF or LF, whichever is closer. But if I have a big fire, and I'm really deep down the lineup with engines, LF will sometimes call an LF, even if there's an available HLF closer. I know I can alert individual vehicles or check to see which is closest, but when I'm micromanaging a gas station fire, I don't always have time to think about whether an HLF or LF is closer and who hasn't been alerted yet. How does the logic for the LF button work? Is it coded to favor LFs? It doesn't seem to call LFs and HLFs equally.

Also, is there a way to make the alert for the closest unit factor in response time? Sometimes it will alert a volunteer engine when the professional stations are only a little farther but will roll out and arrive faster. I've had many calls get out of control because I called an LF and by the time I go "where the heck is that truck?" I realize it came from a volunteer station and hasn't even left the station yet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!